Hello. I’m Eric Peckham — a media & entertainment industry analyst in Los Angeles who writes for TechCrunch, advises companies/VIPs, and occasionally makes investments. What excites me is hunting to uncover contrarian business opportunities and predicting how the media empires of the future will take shape.
Monetizing Media is my newsletter for sharing research & commentary with a group of senior executives, startup founders, investors, bankers, and others. It looks at media, entertainment, & gaming from an investor and product perspective. You can sign up here:
I am particularly excited about
- industry realignment in the streaming-first era
- applications of AI in content creation, distribution, and moderation
- new forms of interactive content (like voice interfaces, augmented reality, and interactive stories)
- audience revenue models like subscriptions and in-app purchases
- investments in this sector across asset classes (VC, PE, SPACs, activist plays, etc.)
I hope to tap the collective knowledge of this email group to create more resources like this database of media investors. If you have suggestions for my research or an idea for collaboration, feel free to reach out.
“In this ever-changing media environment, Monetizing Media is a valuable resource for media executives and entrepreneurs.”Rick Hess, Managing Partner @ Evolution Media Capital
“I definitely read or skim through every newsletter. Reminds me of my old days of paidContent for its comprehensiveness yet brevity.”Rafat Ali, Founder/CEO @ Skift